12-Step Recovery Counseling in Laguna Niguel
If you’re participating in a 12-Step recovery program such as Alcoholics Anonymous working with a therapist that is well versed in 12-Step recovery can be very beneficial. It’s important that your therapist is familiar with the priorities of this type of program in order to provide consistent direction for the accomplishment of the programs goals. On the other hand, if you’re in a 12-Step program and working with a therapist that is not familiar with the practices and priorities of 12-Step, it’s possible they can inadvertently undermine your recovery process.
My experience has been rewarding working with individuals who want the healing, support and freedom of releasing themselves from the bondage of addiction. The most effective way to deal with any type of addiction, whether it be alcohol dependence, substance abuse, or other addictions is through therapy coupled with working the 12-Step recovery program.
I have personally experienced attending open meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous, Debtors Anonymous, Over-Eaters Anonymous and Al-Anon to gain first-hand knowledge of what it feels like to be part of a recovery community. I understand the value of sharing one's experience, strength. and hope.
The following is a list of recovery support groups that are available in the South County area:
- Alcoholics Anonymous: www.oc-aa.org
- Alanon: www.alanon.org
- Alateen: www.al-anon.alateen.org
- Eating Disorders : www.oa.org
- Marijuana Anonymous: www.Marijuana-anonymous.org
- 12 Step Program: www.12step.org
- Cocaine Anonymous: www.ca.org
- Adult Children of Alcoholics: www.adultchildren.org
- Codependent Anonymous: www.coda.org
- Gamblers Anonymous: www.gamblersanonymous.org