Let me introduce myself, I'm Roxanne Cherry. Marriage, Family and Child Therapist. I’m committed to helping couples in relationship, adolescents, children and families resolve problems and improve communication.
By asking key questions I help clients gain insight. While focusing on your strengths, I coach, guide, and advocate for you and your best interest. You’ll learn how to navigate through common issues including anxiety, depression, anger, grief and addiction. Whether your current challenges are short or long term, together we will address issues including communication, intimacy, sexuality, gender identity, workplace, financial or learning difficulties.
Clients with special needs including those related to Transgender issues are a focus of my practice. Other areas of focus include group work with parents, women, children, the LGBT community and members of a 12-Step Recovery Group including Orange County AA.
Most times counseling takes place in my office, other times by in-home counseling, video chat, or phone. Please feel free to call with any inquiry.
A continuing education provider on the topic of transgenderism for behavioral health professionals, employers and the community
For the past eight years, I have served as a certified clinical supervisor for MFT Trainees and Interns.
I'm happy to serve as an adjunct supervisor for trainees and interns working in non-profit and for-profit settings.
I have special expertise in the area of supervising Transgender issues, and also provide supervision for licensed individuals.
Ph.D., Ryokan College, Human Behavior, 1991 M.A., Antioch University, Clinical Psychology, 1984 B.A., Antioch College, Liberal Arts,
1983 (including 3 years at Neve Yerushalim in Israel)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, CA - License
- Interfaith Chaplain - Association for Clinical Pastoral Education
- Elementary Teaching Credential California
- Certified Supervisor American Association of MFT
- Clinical Supervisor California Association of MFT
- Hypnosis Training Institute, Glendale CA
- Certified Pet Assisted Therapist
- AAMFT & CAMFT Clinical Member
- Interfaith Chaplain Intern for Hospice
- American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Counselor
- Religious School Teacher of the Year
- Who's Who of American Prof. Business Women
- Author of monthly column “Responses from Dr. Rox"
- Author of "Spirituality Versus Religion" in The Blade Magazine
- Author of "Kids' Car Time" in Children’s Therapy Works Newsletter
- Speaker on "Transgender Issues” on Channel 9, Cable Television Talk Show and Radio Talk Show