Let me introduce myself, I'm Roxanne Cherry, Marriage, Family and Child Therapist. I have been helping families for three decades to resolve problems and improve communication.
By asking key questions I help clients gain insight. While focusing on your strengths, I coach, guide, and advocate for you always keeping your best interest in mind. You'll learn how to better navigate through the emotional spectrum of anxiety, depression, anger, grief and/or addiction. Whether your current challenges have recently emerged or are long standing, together we will address issues including communication, parenting skills, intimacy, sexuality, gender variance, workplace, financial or learning difficulties.
Clients with special needs including those related to gender creativity remain a unique focus of my practice. Other areas of expertise include facilitating women's support groups, working with parents and children, the LGBTQ+ community and12-Step Recovery work.
Counseling generally takes place in my office, but in-home, phone calls or Telehealth, a HIPAA compliant video chat, are also available. Please feel free to call with any inquiry.
A continuing education provider on the topic of transgenderism and gender diversity for behavioral health professionals, employers and the community.
For the past ten years, I have enjoyed serving as a certified clinical supervisor for mental health trainees and interns.
I have special expertise in the area of supervising and consulting on Transgender and gender diversity issues.
Ph.D., Ryokan College, Human Behavior, 1991 M.A., Antioch University, Clinical Psychology, 1984 B.A., Antioch College, Liberal Arts, 1983 (including 3 years at Neve Yerushalim in Israel)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, CA - License #MFT22810
- Interfaith Chaplain - Association for Clinical Pastoral Education
- Elementary Teaching Credential California (temporary)
- Certified Supervisor American Association of MFT
- Clinical Supervisor California Association of MFT
- Hypnotherapist - Hypnosis Training Institute, Glendale CA
- Certified Pet Assisted Therapist
- AAMFT & CAMFT Clinical Member
- Interfaith Chaplain Intern for Hospice
- American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Counselor
- Religious School Teacher of the Year
- Who's Who of American Prof. Business Women
- Author of monthly column "Responses from Dr. Rox"
- Author of "Spirituality Versus Religion" in The Blade Magazine
- Author of "Kids' Car Time" in Children's Therapy Works Newsletter
- Speaker on "Transgender Issues" on Channel 9, Cable Television Talk Show and Radio Talk Show